24/07/2015

A Summer Summary

I've been on summer now for several weeks, don't ask me exactly how long, for I could not tell you, all the weeks merge together after a while! As I woke up nice and early again because of the natural light that brightens up my room until I'd basically be experiencing the same brightness as outside, I realised that I hadn't done a blog post in quite a while. This isn't that I haven't done anything interesting, quite the opposite actually, I've been more busy than, quite frankly, ever before! 
I thought I'd do a nice summer summary (try saying that with a lisp, sorry) to fill in all the missing days and all the fun things I got up to whilst the sun was still shining and the kids were still at school! 
The week after Kew Gardens, my friends and I had organised my other friends birthday surprise to the zoo! This was such a fun day, she didn't suspect a thing and we were able to do everything we'd planned. We went to London zoo and wandered around there for a few hours having a picnic and gawping at the cuteness of the Penguins and goats (yes, they have goats at a zoo!). 

After the zoo, we went on the pedalos in Regent's Park. We took out 2 pedalos with 2 people in each and just had a lovely pedal around the lake, feeding the birds the leftover sausages and praying that they won't all die from overfeeding and not very nice gristly  cocktail sausages! 
After that we made our way to heaven on earth, otherwise known as GBK! It was a lovely way to finish the day, having a long catch up about everything, which hadn't happened in a rather long time! 

This summer I also went bowling. Twice. Once with a group of guys from my new hometown (Sevenoaks) which was interesting...but fun. And another time with my friend. 

I've been to a lovely deer park in Sevenoaks, knole park where I climbed trees and dubbed the deers #squadgoals because obviously that's what normal adults do! 

I went on a lovely day out with my friends in westerham where we had a delicious pub lunch and soaked up the incredible sun which had graced us that perfect day! Following that we went for a walk in the country, a very British day, one may say! 

I've also had a work barbecue this summer which was a lot of fun but ended in a bit of disaster! The barbecue was lovely, but being locked out of your house at 12:30 at night having decided that actually rescuing a stray dog was more important than clubbing, was not the highlight of my summer! But it all makes for a good memory! 

Then this week I went to bluewater shopping centre with one of my friends, picking up some dungarees for, I kid you not, £10 in Topshop! We had a curry in wagas at 11:30 in the morning and a Krispy Kreme (in a gift tin of course) to help it go down! 

I went to visit my nan who isn't too well at the moment and had a lovely day playing cards and eating a roast, the typical grandparents kind of day! 

I've had a couple of chill days with some of my best friends watching films and eating good (other than the pizza I made) food! 

Yesterday I spent the day making a cheesecake with lotus biscuits, quite possibly the best biscuits in the world, and watching both Inbetweeners films! 

Summer has been rather magnificent so far! I've loved spending so much time with friends and family and being able to go out and do things with so much freedom! Even if the day is bad, weather-wise, you can still have a blast! 
I hope you all have tremendous summers too, I'd love to hear about them! 

Fran x


No comments:

Post a Comment