03/04/2015

Walking by Faith

C.S. Lewis, author of the Chronicles of Narnia, based the character of Aslan on Jesus - shown through his death and resurrection. Baring this in mind, I recently watched Prince Caspian, the second film in the trilogy of films. Near the end of Prince Caspian, there is a scene whereby Susan and Peter are walking with Aslan. This, for starters, got me thinking that, as Christian's, we should spend more time walking with the Lord. As an inspiring woman once told me, she often had conversations with God walking down the street, people thought she was crazy, but the things she learnt from it, I imagine, were worth the disapproving looks and confusion from passers by.
The second thing I took from this scene is Peter and Susan's faith. When walking with Aslan, Peter and Susan were told that they wouldn't be returning to Narnia; after this scene they announced to Edmund and Lucy this news. It astounded me how accepting Peter and Susan were of this news; this place that they love and had amazing memories in, they could not go back to. They fully trusted, and had faith in what Aslan was saying. This reminded me of the verse in the Bible which says to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Peter and Susan had faith that they weren't going back to Narnia for a good reason, because Aslan said so, despite the fact that their sight and their emotions would have encouraged them to stay and continue their adventures.
This amount of faith is highly admirable and something, I feel, all Christians should strive to achieve. Peter and Susan, it seemed, dropped everything to abide by Aslan's word, despite their feelings, and I think this is definitely something we can all learn from. We should all be willing to drop anything to follow what God commands us to do, because he has a plan for us which will only be put in place if we listen to him.

(My Berlin post is in the process of being made and will be up soon, but I felt this was on my heart and I wanted to share it with you)

Fran x

No comments:

Post a Comment