26/04/2015

White choc-chip and peanut butter brownies


 One of my favourite things to do is experiment in the kitchen. I love being able to chuck random ingredients that sound right into a bowl and wait to see whether the results will be (mainly edible but also) yummy. I was watching Cider With Rosie's YouTube channel yesterday evening, and she made some brownies which were from a recipe by Nigella Lawson; in this recipe instead of using a ton of chocolate bars to create luxuriously rich brownies, she used cocoa powder. This inspired me, and I thought that a little baking would be an ideal break from philosophy revision, and alas my white choc-chip peanut butter brownies were made. I've only tried these once (today) but they were super yummy and I really wanted to note them down in order to be able to recreate them,  because the only thing you may not have in your cupboard would be white chocolate, meaning they are super easy to make and you won't need to go out for a £50 shop in order to make them! 
These can of course be made without peanut butter, but I'm a massive peanut butter lover and love the saltiness with the chocolate, but for those unfortunate people who have an allergy, they can be made without. I'm super chuffed that these worked, and I hope if anyone was to make them, you would find them just as yummy (and that they work!). 

INGREDIENTS:

- 100g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 75g butter
- 120g sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g white chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch salt
- a few teaspoons peanut butter (optional)
-dusting of icing sugar (optional)

METHOD:

1. Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4 or equivalent

2. Measure out in a large bowl your flour and cocoa powder with your salt and mix to combine.

3. In a small saucepan melt the butter and sugar together until they are melted (obviously), and take it off the heat as soon as it is combined and melted.

4. As long as the butter isn't too hot, pour it into the flour mix and mix until all combined.

5. Crack in your egg - I found this bit tricky, just keep stirring and you'll be fine!

6. Pour in your milk and stir

7. Sprinkle over your white chocolate chunks, you can make the chunks quite big if you like them that way!



8.  Pour it into a lined tin (lined so the edges protrude from the tin so you can take it out with ease), and spread so even.

9. Dollop some teaspoons of peanut butter on top and swirl around to create a marble effect.


10. Put it in the oven for around 15-20 mins or until a knife comes out clean.

11. Cut it up and dust over some icing sugar to make it look pretty.


And there you have it! I hope you enjoy these as much as I currently am, and I very much hope that this wasn't just a fluke, I shall soon find out however, as I'm sure another batch will be requested soon!
Thank you for reading,

Fran x

No comments:

Post a Comment